Minneapolis Personal Injury Attorney

I provide personal injury clients with a free initial consultation and collect no fees unless you receive a settlement. If you or someone you know has been injured, call me for help with:

  • Understanding your rights after an accident
  • Compensation for injuries
  • Recovering lost wages
  • Medical bill reimbursement
  • Auto accident injuries
  • Car replacement or repair
  • Insurance litigation and negotiation
  • Slip-and-fall accidents
  • Nursing home abuse or neglect
  • Wrongful death

Let us help today

Call us today to begin discussing your case at (612) 730-1738.

What one of our clients had to say:

“I’m so happy that I called your firm to represent me after my car accident. Josh did all the work. I never had to do anything. It couldn’t have been better.”

-Cynthia D.
Auto Accident Injury Client

Frequently Asked Questions

My car was seriously damaged in an auto accident. How can I get my car repairs covered?

If there is clearly an at-fault party, and you were the victim (if you were rear-ended, for example), then the “liability carrier” (the auto insurance provider of the at-fault driver) will be responsible for your repair bills. If the at-fault party is uninsured or you are the at fault party, your own auto insurance company may cover the repairs if you carry collision coverage. This is a complicated area of the law, and the answer to this question really depends on the specifics of your situation. I do recommend that you take advantage of a free consultation with a personal injury attorney.

I was seriously injured in an auto accident, and my medical bills exceeded the $20,000 limit of my PIP coverage from my own auto insurance company. How can I get the rest of my bills covered?

If your accident-related injuries required treatment that exceeded your PIP limit (the amount your own auto insurance carrier is required to pay) you have several options. If you have health insurance, your health insurance will likely pay your medical bills once your PIP benefits have been exhausted. The liability carrier in your case (the auto insurance of the at-fault party in your auto accident) may also be required to pay your medical bills. I advise you to consult with an attorney in any case, because some time limits and other exclusions apply, and the best route will depend on your specific situation.

I can’t work because of my accident related injuries. Does my own auto insurance company have to pay me for my wage loss?

Yes, your “Personal Injury Protection” coverage or PIP benefit includes a work loss benefit of up to $20,000 per person. The benefit covers wage loss at 85% of your gross lost income. This benefit is capped at $250 per week unless you are eligible for stacking of your PIP benefit. This benefit does include wages lost while receiving treatment. If a person is a ‘primary homemaker’ he or she is eligible to receive payment for lost services even though there is no wage loss. PIP benefits also include a replacement services benefit capped at $200 per week. This begins one week after the accident and pays for household aid such as housekeeping and yard work.

I was injured in a car accident in Minnesota, and now my auto insurance company isn’t paying my medical bills. What can I do?

Many auto accident victims experience difficulties when working with their own auto insurance company to pay medical bills associated with their accident-related injuries. In Minnesota, your own auto insurance company is obligated to pay your first $20,000 of medical bills after an accident. Note that the insurer must also pay your transportation costs or mileage to and from your medical providers. This coverage is called your “Personal Injury Protection” or “PIP” benefit. You may choose which doctors or providers with whom you choose to treat. A personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and ensure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled. My initial consultation is always free, and I do not collect additional fees for assisting clients with getting their medical bills covered by their PIP carrier.

If I am injured in a car accident in Minnesota, what should I do?

If you have been seriously injured, you should seek immediate medical attention. If you are able to remain at the scene, I advise that anyone who has been in a car accident call the police to make a report. Obtain the contact information and insurance information from any and all parties involved in the accident, and ask for contact information from any witnesses to the accident. All parties and witnesses should remain at the scene until the police arrive, in order to provide statements and contact information to the police. You should see your doctor within a few days of a car accident to document any injuries and receive treatment. Within 24 hours of a car accident, you should notify your own auto insurance and the liability insurance company (the at-fault party’s insurance carrier) and open a claim with each insurance carrier. I advise anyone who has been injured in an auto accident to contact an attorney. My initial consultation is always free, and I do not collect additional fees for assisting clients with getting their medical bills covered by their PIP carrier.